Sunday, September 30, 2007

Yahoo!

Yahoo! Messenger!!! Not very long ago i was a freak who was badly addicted to this. There was never a day when i dint log in. Too many times i was found in here for really long hours actually talking to someone on every arbit stuff ranging from statistics to the latest movie. Well.. there was never anything important to talk. Of course how can there be any if you chat for something like 3 hrs everyday. This was at its heights during my final yrs of schooling when i ought to have been concentrating on my studies, worrying about my future, preparing for my college entrance exams and every other thing that was going to change my life forever. But i just could not get out of this. It all started early in life, at least i consider it early, when i was around 13 yrs old. Thanks to cousin who got me into this!! Yes, i mean it. I am actually very thankful to him. Though this took off a lot of time i cant deny this got me some of my best friends, who stay by me no matter what. Those friends of mine who i share almost everything with, those whose presence does not make me uncomfortable, those who like every bit of me. There is never a moment when i am shy to tell them something, never when i hesitated to share so many of the "not so happy" incidents of my life. When i started talking i never realized the friendship was to last, but it did, and here i am saying they are the best i have got.

Now i see that i am not very much interested in using messenger much, at least not as much as i used. It has reduced to around once in 3 or 4 days, that too hardly for an hr or so, unless there is someone specific that i want to talk to, unless there is something to talk about. I don't think this is because i have had enough of it but because i have too many good friends to want one more. I think i am very lucky since i never got into any mess doing this. I was not all that grown up when i started it but still i never ended up getting into trouble and ruining everything. Friends living in so many places of the world, who care to check in every once in a while, who are very interested in my well being, people who are my mentors both in my personal and professional life, i am really lucky!!
Messenger has been a great in so many other ways too. I have got quite many friends, those whom i see every now and then, and more unbelievably, some of my classmates whom i meet everyday, who hardly talk to me in person, just enjoy chatting with me in yahoo. I still cant make out why it is so but may be its because they cant bring themselves to reveal so many things that seems very much easier when you type it out. It does happen with me so many times. Typing seems to be an easier option than actually having got to tell it straight on the face. Whatever the reason be, i really like doing it, i enjoy every moment of it and it makes me really happy.

On the whole, Yahoo! Messenger has been a very integral part of my life. It has given me many of the best friendships i have now, be it someone living in US or Finland or China or those who are right near me in my college . These are people who are there with me to stay and i am very thankful to everyone of them and for everything they have done to me.. for me. I think this post would more appropriately be a tribute to all these friends of mine.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

good stuff.....This is a post from Yahoo,USA.

Moorelee said...

True... many cases Yahoo msg has been a sweet memory more than just a software :) Good posting.