Saturday, September 8, 2007

life in a metro

Well.. I seem to be in this great mood today. I want to write again. I know its so arbit. 9 months of nothing and suddenly i want to do it for the 2nd time today. I don't know what to write about even. Ok.. if anything deserves a post it is my life in Pune. This is one more topic which cant end soon. so.. just the beginning of it...

The first thing i should mention before i start is i have never been out of this town long enough to know what other bigger places feel like. Yes.. I did stay in banglore for some 15 days. But that was in my aunt's place and all that i did was work and sleep. Never went out.. not even once.. ( may be i should say it again here.. with quotes in bold letters.. i was in b'lore) I have never been to a shopping mall, a multiplex and never to cafe, pizza hut, and so many other places which if i mention in my college would be deemed a villager. Ok... now u get a bit of an idea of what i must have been.. before i went to Pune. My journey to Pune starts.. my dad came with me, to settle me down and all that. You see, this was my first time out of home and i knew no one in the place. Yes, dad did have a few contacts there though not close enough for me to stay there for 2 months. Oh.. i forgot to mention why i was going to there. It was for a project and the duration was a minimum of two months. ( I am not talking about it here for even without any of it my exp in pune is going to be too long). Let me cut out all that part about searching for the best accommodation. We just finally settled down on the place after nearly 4 days of search. There was a Thambi ( my college slang for the people belonging to Tamilnadu) family staying on the ground floor and they had rented the 1st floor to 3 girls, software enginners. It was decided that i would stay with those girls for the 2 months. I think their 1st reaction would have been to put up with a little monster which would invade into their privacy for the next 2 months ( It changed quite soon.. all that would come in later) The first thing i got to know of them.. One was a Bong (Bengali), another a Punjabi and the 3rd one a Marathi. Now i just have to tell you this.. i know very little Hindi and i am horrible at conversing in the language. So the only way i had to talk with them was in English. The differences did not end here, there is so much more. This is just the start of problems too. I had to wash, clean, cook and do so many domestic chores, which i am not used to, apart from the official works and i had to cycle down to the company which was some 4 Km away.

Hmmm.. Guess this was boring enough. Let me get back to this some other time. Thanks for being so patient with all my blabber.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice job..keep it up.