Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hikes, Liberty and Randomness

Yet another Tuesday.. don't I start my posts with this way too many times! Given my schedule this day every week, you would not really blame me, I'm sure. Here I'm.. trying to drag on for another 3 hours, before it seems reasonable to take off. So, to how life has been.

The most exciting happening after the hurricane was the hike last weekend. Yes, you are right, that is not me, I really am not this hiking-backpacking-camping person but somehow managed to get entangled in one of those scenarios. So, hiking I did for about 7 miles but in supposedly not first timers friendly site. At least that is what everyone has been telling me for the past 2 days when they learn the reason behind my limp. But it was quite fun, lost a few calories and had some amazing, picture perfect, views. Got me thinking why Indians don't do all these for pleasure and some more deeper thoughts on economy. All roads lead to economy these days, but that's different story altogether. There is pretty much nothing more to report of the actual hiking part, but the journey to and fro and the company I had is sure worth a mention. (No, it is not my yet-another-rendition-of-amazing-people, trust me)

We had about 5 hrs drive and of course all the time during the hike, so the company did matter. Some good conversations, some intellectual ones, some fun, on the whole nice people. The couple(not couple couple but lets just call these two people couple for ease) in my party was way entertaining, a little more so. With all the laughter, blushes, fights, flirting, pda they sure did draw the attention of even the quietest in my party. Talking to the guy at the end of it, I got the explanation that he likes"naughty" girls and she is all of it and there is nothing wrong in flirting even though there are lots of constraints, a boy friend included. If I had to redefine it, I would not really say naughty. It is more of the kiddish/helpless/naive/lost-child thing that a lot of women without any effort bring in. I ended up discussing this with my friend and realized a whole lot of them do(100% with 95% confidence it is :) ) What bothers me more is that men actually seem to love it, want more of it. Gets me wondering.. does that give one a feeling of dependence that they start going for it all head over heels!

I still remember, one of the earliest times I was away from home, interning. Some work, got delayed and it was soon 11 in the night with me struck in some isolated part of the city. I was talking to dad over the phone all the way back. I was pretty scared. That is when dad went with one of his ever useful advices(well.. it was an angry lash, but lets not call it that). When you are helpless and lost, you don't ever show it out. You got to put on a brave face, be very confident and act as if you know what you are doing. Even if you do need help, you do it with ease, with no sign of helplessness and at the end you get everything to work out the way you need it to. Seemed to make a lot of sense then, now and maybe always. Is this not what you do, whatever the scenario be! Acting helpless even when you actually are so makes you an easy target, so what when you are not. Why would you want to act lost? Why would you want to emanate weakness?

No comments: