Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Two years is not too long..

or so I want to think. I started with the title with the numerals in there, as that seemed more informal and blog-gy(???), but then is n't that too ironic. Anyways, yes, its been a little more than 2 years now since I was in this space last. I was wondering if I should talk about why I was not here so long or why I am here now, out of the blue and finally decided to do both. After all, it is my blog.. just for me right..

The last time I was here I was just about to go to grad school. Now, I'm done. I've a Master's!! Its a huge deal right, what with all the cribbing and crying I did before that. Honestly it turned to to be one of the awesome-est (Ahh language.. I sure need more degrees of freedom!) experiences ever. I'm glad I did it and not settle for something else. That was one year of my life, almost, and of course I could not have been blogging then. Well.. I could not have even been eating or sleeping then (Did you not notice, nah.. I'm not explaining what you did not notice) . So, that accounts for half my absence. And after that.. I started working. Yeah, not only did I finish my Master's, I started working too (Its alright, even I am all exclamations) Work sure did not engulf all my time but then I had been out of here for so long that I thought I had lost it. And so it went on.. till now..

Now to the why now part.. in short, I needed a vent out. Given that, I live in this foreign country, in a foreign city(what else would you call the city where you moved to, with all you friends from school moving to a different, and mostly same city), have many (not really) do s and don't s, with all my best friends going back to school - b-school rather(yeah, I have to have the "b") or busy with work in a country with extremely opposite time zones, and above all life changing so fast and me having all these thoughts, I had to have a way out. A place that was not very personal (would n't that make me feel no one is listening) or too public(come on.. of course not FB updates). So here I am!

Actually, that is not all and that definitely is not it. THE reason that drove me here, today, right now is.. I miss being home, not like house-home home but more like the motherland home. Now.. now.. I sure do sense all the question marks and sighs and exclamations and rolling of eyes. Yes, its the very same me and yes I miss being in India. So, I really had to talk about it. (Yeah, here! as, when I talk about it most other places, all I seem to get is cold stares which says why would you want that when I wish to switch places with you) Also, I have been reading all these blogs by Indians (Is that not what you do when you are "reporting" for a week or so and have half of it left to go before you can move on to something else) which makes me go all what-if and how-nice and more. To add to it all, I read this article yesterday, a very long one at that, on India Today about all these entrepreneurs coming back home with the hopes of creating a change and succeeding at that too. No, I'm not this social-responsibility-personified kind (Ok, don't rule that option out yet. If I'm this right now, in so short a time, I may be that in the long run) but I do think it might be better to be home, now (don't you get it? I add this "now" and that essentially adds a disclaimer that I'm allowed to contradict it anytime I want and add yet another now there :P ). Now, that explains it right!

Here.. guess I've said it all. That was long enough for the first time after two years. I've have mused enough though not so erratic enough. Anyways, here is to more of musing, rambling, pondering, brooding, ruminating and what not..

No comments: