Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back to School...

High school days!! Guess that was the best part of my life as yet. Everything worked out just fine. Almost always happy and smiling. Had some weird gang of friends around who made life so much fun. Yesterday I was going through my high school community in Orkut when I came across few profiles that appeared vaguely familiar. Quite a few of them who are already in my list of friends. Quite a few more whom I could not place yet and hope to in the near future. And some whom I could recollect, two to be precise, one with a lot of thinking though. Well.. It would be good to add them and say a hello once in a while. One of them have already approved,the difficult one that is :)

So, thinking of high school days,actually those memories that were brought back when I was trying to think of these guys. One was a family friend. A very nice guy. Calm and kept to himself a lot. The first thing that I remembered was his father giving me a copy of the movie "5 Star" that was on when I was in class 10. Seems pretty silly, but thats what I got reminded of. The movie was pretty much in hype those times. One reason being that was considered some sort of a colorful movie, in the sense, it revolved around 5 friends who study in the same college and manage the impossible of getting placed in the same company and end up living in the same house even after their weddings. Well.. Did I mention that it was 3 guys and 2 gals. Another reason for the hype being a guy of my school, 4 years my senior, who ruined his education and went over to act in the movie. Opinions do differ and a lot at it. To me it was one of those very detestable things to have done. God knows what he is doing right now!! But all the same the movie was very popular for most of us had known him personally.

Digressed a bit too much from what I really wanted to say I guess. So, now going on to what came to my mind when I realized who the second guy was. If I remember right, this guy joined my school when we were in class 8. Quite the opposite of the first one. Very outgoing. Talked to almost everyone possible. But as it stands.. then, now and always, I believe people are to you what you are to them. Though may of my classmates and friends had a lot of problems with his attitude, I never seemed to. He was good to me and I was good to him. That was the end of it. Now, back to what I got reminded of. Treasure Hunt!! To more on it.. School Sports Days are some real big events with not just sports but a lot of other I-am-yet-to-decipher-why-they-do-it sort of stuff happening on the day. The worst of it being some sort of mass exercise program where almost everyone from class 6 to 8 is pulled it. It is always a huge competition and a matter of honor to those who are able to walk out of it, by hook or crook. Luckily that year I was one of those who had the pride of being out of it because of some other commitment that I had on the eve of sports day. So when almost the whole of the school was in the grounds trying to practice it out we guys enjoyed in class. After all it was a very small number of people and never needed looking after. This guy, amongst few others,happened to be one of them. After some boring chaat sessions and stupid games this guy came up with the bright spark. Why not treasure hunt?? After all we had almost the whole high school to ourselves. As long as we did not scream and squeal it was going to be a perfect way to while away the time. And there it started.. Every day we played, for almost two weeks till the end of sports day. What started with just about 10 of my classmates and neighbours gained a lot of momentum till almost about every other student who was around was playing it. We sure missed all the fun after regular classes started.

Small, stupid incidents though they are, brought back a lot of sweet thoughts. I don't really know if I would treasure any other part of life so far as much as my high school days. I am sure there are a lot of my another friends who feel the same. I don't really know, if these two guys happen to read this, if they will remember the same things that I do or not. But I am sure they will remember something which is bound to leave the smiling. And that happiness has a long way to go.

No comments: