Thursday, May 29, 2008

Is this what is called love??

Its been so long since I tried blogging. Been in Bangalore for nearly a month now. It is very much better than the last time, leaving out the fact that I spend nearly 4 hrs everyday commuting. Initially it was really horrible. Waking up at 5 in the morning,bus at 6 and reach only by 7.30.Evenings are worse. It takes nearly 3 hrs!! But now, I've come to terms with it. Generally I try to listen to some music. But then how long can I go with it!! So now.. its observing the world around me.

Four hours in bus everyday, you are bound to see loads of interesting scenes. You just enjoy the spectacle for the moment and forget it the very day. Yet, there are a few which stayed with me. One of them is this.

I had just boarded the bus for the second part of my journey. A man came running to the bus. Entered in and went near the driver and asked him if it goes to some particular place. The driver nods in agreement. The man got down from the bus and ran again. I was wondering what was happening when I saw at a distance, him bringing a lady. She was finding it too difficult to walk and this man was helping her and almost carrying her, though she looked pretty heavy for him. To make her board the bus was another task which he did happily. He even managed to get a seat for her. You should have seen the smile on their faces after they sat down!!!! She was challenged physically, could not walk properly nor climb stairs, but, he was always there, doing all that she had wanted to, all that she could not. This might be something very trivial. May be my way of describing it had made it lose its flavor. But, this gave me just one thought.. That bond which those two shared. That feeling of being together. That assurance of having someone. Those unspoken words. That heartfelt thoughts. That genuine affection. That caring smile. That I-don't-know-what-to-call-it feeling.......
May be this is what is called love!!

No comments: